Karrion Kross says WWE pulled contract offer after 24 hours: ‘We still want to work it out’

The landscape of professional wrestling has recently been characterized by a deliberate blurring of lines between scripted storylines and real-life occurrences, a strategy that has at times complicated the understanding of talent’s contractual status. This trend was evident in the recent storyline involving Seth Rollins, whose reported knee injury at Saturday Night’s Main Event was later revealed to be a fictional narrative component. Similarly, the situation surrounding Ron Killings, known as R-Truth, saw initial reports of his legitimate release from WWE, only for him to subsequently return to the company, with WWE Chief Content Officer Paul Levesque (Triple H) making allusions that fueled fan confusion. Against this backdrop, Kross’s decision to clarify his contractual situation underscores a desire to provide factual information amidst an increasingly ambiguous environment.

According to Kesar’s account, speaking out of character, his contract with WWE concluded last week. He detailed receiving a renewal offer from the company last Tuesday. Notably, his wife, Scarlett Bordeaux, who performed as Scarlett and served as his on-screen manager, did not receive a corresponding contract renewal offer at that time.

Kesar elaborated on his interaction with WWE regarding the proposed contract terms. "I got the offer," Kross stated. "I wanted to know how they came to the valuation of that offer. I just wanted, you know, some information, some metrics, some analytics that support, ‘Hey, this is how we got here.’" This request for detailed performance metrics – which typically include data points such as merchandise sales, viewership figures for segments, social media engagement, live event attendance draw, and internal ratings – is a common practice in contemporary sports and entertainment contract negotiations, allowing talent to understand the basis of their proposed compensation and make informed decisions.

However, Kesar indicated that WWE’s response to his request was accompanied by an unusually strict deadline. He reported that the company issued a 24-hour ultimatum: he was required to agree to the offer within that timeframe, or it would be rescinded. Kesar described this urgency as atypical compared to his previous experiences and awareness of WWE’s negotiation processes.

Related News :

"When I inquired about that, they were unwilling to provide that information and told me I had 24 hours to agree to the offer or they would rescind it," Kross recounted. "So, you know, the next day, we talk. I ask if they have the information. They don’t. And I said, ‘I can’t make an informed decision without the information and I’d like to keep the dialogue open.’ And they rescinded the offer. And that’s…that’s actually where we’re at." This account highlights a breakdown in the negotiation process, stemming from a lack of information exchange and a perceived inflexibility on the part of the company regarding the deadline.

Despite the rescinded offer and expressed "hurt feelings," Kesar refrained from outright criticism or disparagement of WWE. He emphasized that he remains open to future discussions, stating, "The goal has always been to be with WWE. My wife and I still want to be with WWE. I’m at the table for conversations. I did not step out of the conversation. We still want to be there. We still want to work it out." This sentiment suggests a continued professional affinity for the company, indicating that the door remains open for a potential reconciliation and a new agreement.

Kesar’s decision to publicly address his contract status was also driven by practical business considerations. He explained that the prevailing ambiguity surrounding talent contracts within WWE, exacerbated by the company’s storyline tactics, had created uncertainty among other professional wrestling promotions. He reported hearing through mutual parties that other organizations were hesitant to contact him for potential bookings, fearing they might inadvertently engage in contract tampering if he were still under WWE’s employ. By clarifying his free agent status, Kesar aims to remove this impediment to his professional opportunities.

Due to the expiration of his contract, Kesar is immediately free to engage with other wrestling promotions and accept independent bookings. Unlike situations where talent is released from an active contract, his departure does not involve a non-compete clause, which typically imposes a 90-day or 30-day waiting period before a performer can appear for another major wrestling organization. This immediate freedom positions Kesar and Bordeaux to explore opportunities across the global professional wrestling circuit, including promotions such as All Elite Wrestling (AEW), New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW), and Impact Wrestling, among others.

This marks the second time Kesar and Bordeaux have parted ways with WWE. Their initial tenure with the company began in 2020, with Kross quickly establishing himself as a dominant force in WWE’s developmental brand, NXT. During this period, he enjoyed a significant undefeated streak and captured the NXT Championship on two occasions, first in August 2020 and again in April 2021. His character, accompanied by Bordeaux, was presented as a menacing, apocalyptic figure, resonating strongly with the NXT audience.

However, Kross’s transition to WWE’s main roster in July 2021 was met with controversy and fan dissatisfaction. His character underwent significant alterations, including a change in entrance attire and the removal of Bordeaux from his on-screen presentation, leading to a perceived weakening of his established persona. This period culminated in his and Bordeaux’s release from the company in November 2021, as part of a larger wave of talent cuts.

Following a period on the independent circuit, the married couple made a notable return to WWE in August 2022, shortly after Paul Levesque assumed creative control of the company. Their second run, spanning approximately three years, saw a reinstatement of elements from Kross’s successful NXT persona, often accompanied by Bordeaux in her managerial role. While primarily featured as a midcard act on the main roster, Kross engaged in several high-profile feuds and matches. Notably, he garnered a significant groundswell of fan support leading up to WrestleMania 41, fueled by "quasi-real" segments that blurred the lines between Kesar’s genuine frustration and his character’s narrative. This surge in popularity led to a brief appearance at WrestleMania and subsequent pay-per-view matches against Sami Zayn at Night of Champions and SummerSlam. For a brief period, Kross also emerged as a primary merchandise mover for the company, with his official merchandise experiencing rapid sell-outs, indicating a strong connection with a segment of the WWE fanbase.

The current situation with Kesar and Bordeaux underscores the dynamic and often complex nature of talent relations and contract negotiations within professional wrestling, particularly as major companies like WWE navigate evolving business models and creative strategies under new corporate structures such as TKO Group Holdings. The outcome of Kesar’s expressed desire to continue working with WWE remains subject to further discussions and potential shifts in negotiation stances from both parties.

💬 Tinggalkan Komentar dengan Facebook

Author Profile

arthur roy sitompul

Related Posts

World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins Confirms Six-Month Layoff Following Shoulder Injury

New York, NY – October 31, 2025 – Seth Rollins, the reigning WWE World Heavyweight Champion, announced Friday that he will be sidelined from active competition for approximately six months…

WWE Saturday Night’s Main Event Returns to Salt Lake City with Vacant World Title Clash and Four Championship Bouts

Salt Lake City, Utah – November 1, 2025, marks a pivotal date in the professional wrestling calendar as WWE descends upon the Delta Center for its highly anticipated Saturday Night’s…